Monday, March 21, 2011

Marcus turns 10! What?

Okay so I spent the afternoon doing this post and then went to cook dinner. Somehow the whole thing didn't save! So annoying.

Photobucket

Back to the post. I have to start out by saying it isn't fair that my son turned ten because I can't exactly lie about my age and pretend I am still in my twenties. Me sobbing that I actually entered the big 3-0 this year. I don't mind the aging part really I just want to stay in my twenties because they were really fun. I am hoping thirties turns out even better. Wishful thinking?

Photobucket

The kiddos cooperated with the group shots.

For Marcus' actual birthday he wanted Popeye's, which disgusts me that every year he wants fried chicken probably because we never really eat it on a regular basis, so we stuffed our faces with greasy fried goodness. Then he wanted cherry cheesecake for dessert. I had to make him one and one for the rest of us.

Photobucket



Ignore my awful singing!!!


For his party he wanted a sleepover with his closest friends.

Photobucket

What was on the agenda? Gaming of course!

Photobucket

His buds were not camera shy and really enjoyed playing games. So much I don't think they went to bed until almost 1 o'clock. I thought putting on a movie would settle them down, but I guess X men origins: Wolverine is probably not the wind down movie they needed. They talked through the whole thing about all the different cooll things all the Xmen can do. I was kind of funny, but I am sure kind of annoying for those kids who hadn't seen it yet.

Photobucket

This time I made ice cream cake. I should have made it in a springform pan because it would have been so much easier to cut, but oh well next time. Marcus was terrified of the sparklers. I guess growing up in the city and not getting to set of fireworks every year he has no clue what he is missing.

Photobucket

One of these things is not like the other...oh and they couldn't stop to come back for a retake. Too much happening I guess.

All in all it was a good night. Worth the fact that they were up before 7 playing capture the flag. Yeah...

1 comment:

  1. Who's that funny looking kid in the middle? lol
    Was that 'Daddy' singing in the video? He loves to avoid the camera. Sounds like it was a fun noisy night.

    ReplyDelete