|The clan on Maddox's first day. He started two days later.|
Moving on. I have been looking forward to and dreading the start of school for a few reasons.
|McKayla Grade 4|
1. I get to get back to my regular workout routine. (Which I have totally neglected over the summer and it shows.)
2. For the first time in 11 and a half years I get "me" time from 9-3:30 Mon.-Fri.
3. The kids can be happy instead of fighting with each other constantly. (Happens every summer. They just get sick of each other.)
4. I get to have day dates with my hubby when he's off. Just the two of us.
|Marcus Grade 6 What?|
1. I don't get to be lazy anymore and sleep in.
2. I have too much "me" time to fill which leads to me taking on a hundred different things and then really there isn't going to be any "me" time.
3. I miss my kids. Most of all my last baby has just entered Junior Kindergarten and it's FULL DAY!!! He is such a big boy now and so cool already labeled the cool kid with the spiky hair. Who seriously does not like anyone to touch it.
4. Now I feel like every moment of my day will judged as to how much did I get done today? What the house isn't spotless? Didn't you have the whole day to do it? You mean you didn't cook a whole three course meal? How come I have no clean clothes? What did you do today?
|I got Marcus almost smiling. He was excited Maddox was going to the big school.|
|McKayla jumped out of the car because she needed one with Maddox too.|
I didn't even go into the drama we actually had at school. To sum it up my kids are all in very large classes. Going up in age 31, 29, and 29. Also McKayla's teacher decided to resign the Friday before school started. All parents involved are crossing our fingers this week we get good news and another teacher so we can lower the class sizes. As well as a permanent teacher for McKayla. So another year another adventure in school. Let's hope it is a good one.