Thursday, May 20, 2010

Flowers


So I got my flowers yesterday. Super excited to get them in the ground. I love the color annuals bring to a garden. My house definitely could use some color in the front. Right now it looks so sad and droopy. Don't you think it is amazing how flowers are like icing on a cake. Just not the same without them.





Maddox had fun at the greenhouse picking out the flowers. They have a pond in the back and we got to watch a family of geese. I wish I would have had my camera because it was so cute. Six little goslings surrounded by their mummy and daddy who was totally protecting them from outsiders. The also have horses at the farm, but Maddox liked the geese better. He kept saying "baby, baby..." and a bunch of other stuff that I have yet to translate. With my car loaded to the max with 12 flats of flowers it smelled divine. Oddly enough my allergies have been okay this year. All this gardening and I have had no trouble. I promise this year I will keep them watered, fed, and beautiful. Here is a picture of what I did today.

Oh yeah remember all of those weeds that were taking over my grass? Well what do you think?
Looks good huh? Of course still have to seed and fill gaps, but miles better than before.


I know I haven't been posting for a while, but May is a crazy month. Birthday parties, recitals, swim meets, extra practices, field trips, gardening, and let's not forget what keeps me sane my gym time. Plus, the weather has been incredible. Who wants to be inside? Not me. I am going to enjoy the beauty God has given us. Sink it in so you don't think about the achy toes, fingers, arms, back, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and it looks like you have quite a yard to take care of! Way to go sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....I am almost there still have one more bed to fill. Have been sidetracked with the pool opening.

    ReplyDelete