Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day Two in Quebec

Day two started with a trip the park. Maddox played soccer mostly.

Photobucket


We went swimming in the afternoon, but it was an indoor pool so I didn't bother taking any pictures. It was kind of funny though because you are required to wear swim caps in the pool which I found kinda nice. Made it feel so much cleaner.

In the evening we went to dinner with some friends that Henri, the son of our friends, made while in hockey camp the week before. They are from Germany which is exciting because well for those who don't know I was born there. I think it is great when you can just meet people and become friends. dinner was so yummy I have a photo of my leg of lamb which was to die for. Really! Didn't smell and fell off the bone. mmmm... I want to go back! Anyway while some f the adults stayed behind to chat Mika and I took the kids for gelato and then we sat on the hill to eat it. I attempted a group shot, but well between the distraction of the gelato and being 7 kids and all I didn't successfully get one, but they at least let me take a few before running off.

Photobucket

Then as sugar normally does the ran around like mad! Julie enjoyed getting her picture taken meanwhile the boys just ran around playing tag. I didn't get any of those shots they were zipping by me too fast. In the background you can see the Rue St. Jean in Quebec City which is a tourist area with cobblestone streets and lots of boutiques and cafes. I like it there. The tiny streets and criss-crossed ways reminded me of Paris.

Photobucket

After the ice cream we met together again and walked to the square where two young men were performing circus type acts. They were very charming and grossed McKayla out at one point because they removed their shirts and then continued to remove their pants revealing cartooned pyjama pants. They said they want to be in the circus and I found them very entertaining. Lots of jokes as they interacted with the crowd. I did take video so maybe tomorrow I will get that uploaded so you can watch. It was a lot of fun.

After Day Two we realized that you never stop with this family they are always on the go doing something which was fun for my kids because they are not used to never sitting still ie. movies, reading, t.v., which was really non-existent the entire time we were there. I don't think it bothered the older ones, but by Saturday my little monkey was in withdrawals asking for his "Makka Pakka" and "Iggle Piggle".

1 comment:

  1. i like how you posted. very cool. and it looks like you had a lot of fun. nice way to end summer!
    holly

    ReplyDelete