Monday, September 20, 2010

Foie Gras Farm

I almost forgot about these pics. They were on my phone. I found it so exciting that I had to take lots of pics. I know I am a country girl living in a city probably too long, but this is definitely only found in the country. I stopped here to get a birthday present for a friend. I heard it was supposed to be really good. Foie Gras. If you haven't had it before it is goose liver made into pate with truffles. I bought three containers and then as she was kindly putting them in a great brown paper sack she told me she had a farm that was open to the public out back.

I had seen the geese when I pulled up and actually thought to myself, "Isn't that convenient to have the shop right at the farm". I quickly said yes and we ran out back. As you can see we found a lot more than just geese. (chickens according to Maddox)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

McKayla found her family! She is calling out to them.

Photobucket

The nice man opened the gate and held one so that the kids could pet them. McKayla loved it, but Maddox was a little uncomfortable with that idea.

Photobucket

Much better when there is a fence between us don't you think?

Photobucket

These had gotten out, but McKayla was a good shepherd and got them back inside the gate.

Photobucket

They were happier here anyway there is a pond.

Photobucket

After seeing this big baby I was in the mood for Thanksgiving. The guy feeding them said that here it is puffing up itself to look really big so we would get scared away. He did look pretty mean I was going to test it.

Photobucket

They opened the cage so that the kids could pet the rabbits.

Photobucket

But as you can see they didn't want to go near my kids.

I think it was a perfect way to end our trip in St. Agapit and the recipient of the foie gras seemed happy for the gift. So we piled in our car and hit the road again. I think it is good for my city kids to get out in the country and experience a slower, quieter pace of life. I think it was a hit! Thank you friends for making it a great vacation!

1 comment: